Thursday, March 18, 2010

ok, I came home sick from work. I slept a few hours and felt better. 
I felt well enough to pull weeds. Not for too long though.  Today was a beautiful, but  windy day.
I started for feel bad quickly.  I did get all the weeds in the front yard taken out.  There is so much work to be done.

I should get the following stuff done this weekend.

Saturday
1.  Go to the Tohono Chul plant sale.
2.  Rake the front yard. and trim plants
3. Move the rocks from the front yard to the back yard.
4. repair and check the entire irrigation system in front. 

Sunday
1.Decorat newly planted cactus garden with rocks.and other items
2. Get new water timer for irrigation system and install
3. Check irrigation all over yard.
4. Plant more cactus.around yard.
5. Trim California pepper tree.

Yikes, I hope I get to see friends at some point. 
I should do more, but I should warm up to the gardening .. not just right in.

Oh yeah I forgot to write about last weekends big gardening adventure.
I planted all the cactus I had in pots all over the yard.  I made paths and hills.
I think I will save a ton on my water bill, pl.us this garden is so much prettier than the dead grass I had.
I won't waste water either.  I didn't realize I had so many cactus.  They probably won't bloom this year.
i am glad I did this while the weather was still cool.  I is easier for the cactus to establish themselves in cooler weather.  I wonder if they will be ok.  Cactus is tough though.

No comments:

Post a Comment