Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More planning to be done for the garden!   I have planted cilantro about  2 weeks ago. Salsa here we come! I see the first starts comming up.  I just love to be a gardener because I feel wonderful when I see the  beautiful living things grow. I don't have to deal with the crazy world when I garden.  No problems, danger, things to worry about.  I get to be in the outdoors, and be one with nature.  I can completly loose myself.  My dogs help me garden too.  They dig holes but not in the right places. I let them think they are helping.  They too enjoy the outdoors, fresh airs and hanging out with nature and me. 

So, spring is almost here.  I will get up earlier, say 5 am and start gardening for an hour or so, then get ready for work.  Weekends will be filled with planning, planting and watering.  I will try to get most of the big stuff done early, before the weather starts to get hot. Mornings start to get warm around May, and it gets hot in June.  Plants do better if you don't transplant them in the heat.  So I have tons to do!

Every morning I will check for new blooms  If  something blooms I will photograph it and put it up here for all of you to see.  I have hundreds of photos on flickr.com from previous years. (Click on the photos above to be take to flickr.com to see the entire set) 

My bedroom is designed to look like a garden.  The top half of the room is sky blue, and the bottom is brown.  It looks like the sky and the ground.  All around the room are large framed posters of my favorite photos from the garden.  I will make more this year and swap them out as needed. Life is too shart not to enjoy yourself.  There is pleny of time to be serious at work.  Live it up!

More tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment