Sunday, September 6, 2009

More on life AFTER toe nail fungus

Ok, I keep thinking of more details on how to recover from the heart break of toe nail fungus.

I just tried Campho Phenique... it is cheap ($4.99 Wal mart) and is powerful. I put some on my nails to help the healing process. I might have used it instead of Mycocide, if I had know about it during the treatment process. The odor of camphor is bad, however. This may be a problem going to work and have this strong odor coming from my feet.

As I mentioned in my last blog on the subject, the nail needs to be cut way back to get to the fungus. It allows air to get to the fungus and also lets in light and the medication. This is an important step. I think it will quicken the healing process. The old dirty yellow nail needs to come off. I was shocked at how much nail actually came off. It was ugly anyway. The problem was I had almost no toe nail left. That is my current issue. Growing the nail back takes two to three months at best.

After clipping the nail back, I filed the top of the nail. I have wondered if the nail itself lets medicine in. I filed a lot of yellow nail off the top, and made the nail thinner. I was hoping this will allow more medicine down to the nail bed. I have to search the web to find out if this assumption is true. I will blog about it, if I find out the answer. Anyway, being new to this problem, I am experimenting with different treatments. Please reply to this blog if you agree or disagree that toe nail fungus is pourous.

Update: 1 month later- I am happy to report that daily scubbing and toe nail care has immensly improved the situation. I still have more nail to grow out, but what is there looks healthy and happy.

I think being deligent, and patient works! Do Not Give Up! I also did some research on toe nails. They are porous. The fungus does thicken the nail as part of symptoms, so file the nail bed down and make it thinner. I am sure it is due to the daily scrubbing with tea tree oil soap, and keeping the toe nails in the sun and clean. I was told by several people that they had fungus return!!!! I am not one of those people. I heard that your immune system, if not in tip top shape can allow it to return. So I suggest that you take care of your entire body to help keep the black stuff away.

I had to where closed toed shoes yesterday and I didn't like it at all. I am glad that I live in a warm climate. I could not wait to get my sandals back on! I find closed toed shoes very uncomfortable now.

I take a Green Tea pill every day. It is organic condensed green tea. I am not a tea drinker, so this works for me. I feel better, and it is suppose to be great for my immune system. Anyway, I will continue to watch for the black stuff and keep my body healthy. Green tea is suppose to be an old chinese cure for tons of illness.


Now I have gotten rid of the unsightly fungus ( black/brown/ugly) I have most of my pink toe nail back. The nail is very short and needs to grow out. So, I don't want to cause anything to happen to bring the fungus back. I won't put any type of nail poslish on again! (persish the thought) I might put on polish if I am going to a special event. I will take it off right after the event however. I think the polish helped hide the fungus, so I didn't treat it right away. As stated in my last blog, I was told my black toe nail was do to a bruise, and to IGNORE it! (Thanks to the nail spa people that don't know a thing) I could have attacked it earilier, the process would not have taken 3 months. I have saved $30.00 times 5 (and tons of time) since I have started the remedies by not getting pedicures. I have spent $50.00 on various toe nail products... so this is not expensive. It is however very important. I am continuing to research remedies, and products. If anyone out there has some other remedies, please reply to this blog.

I have done some research that said that Fungus can spread, and most importantly, CONTAGIOUS. It can become an internal infection, it can infect your other toes and cause all kinds of other problems with your body.

Do a google search.. you will be shocked. Remember 1 out of 5 people have it. NO ONE talks about it. I got it from someone else in a public place. I just don't know where. Don't let others use your toenail brush, nail clippers or where your shoes. You can spread the fungus! Where open toed shoes everywhere. I am readjusting to not having pretty painted toes. I will give up the vainity.

So off I go to find stuff that helps the growth of the nail. Natural products only, I hope.
I think all the scrubbing in the shower will help the circulation/healing/growth. I think I will put campho phenique on it in the mornings. It is anti microbial. That means it kills the microbes that IS the fungus. It has a strong oder. It is also oil based. I think the oil will help with the nail growth.

Well, the whole ordeal has made me a clean foot fan. I take better care of the entire foot now.
I scrub the heals and apply heal cream. It is amazing how great my feet look now. NO more shopping mall pedicures for me! NOT EVER....I was hiding my feet before... now I think the are much prettier, and healthier. I didn't spend $100's on doctor visits. I would have gone to the doctor is all the above actions didn't work.

I have heard/read of other stuff used in the fungus killing game.

These are:
Soaking the toes in Listerine.
Soaking the toes in vinegar. (apple cider)
Soaking the toes in alcohol.
Using Vicks Vapor rub on the toe.
Removing the entire toe nail (ouch)
Taking anti biotics... (ewwwww)

I should start a blog on self - pedicures in general.
Anyone use great foot care products, lets chat...
Reply to this blog..

Onto healthier feet!

2 comments:

  1. The cheaper the price, the less quality you will have. I bet you should use Zeta Clear. Free to check: How do you get rid of yellow nails .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I mentioned in my last blog on the subject, the nail needs to be cut way back to get to the fungus. It allows air to get to the fungus and also lets in light and the medication. This is an important step.
      Nail-Rx Nail Care Reviews

      Delete